Preventative maintenance means taking a proactive approach to keep your vehicle healthy. Regular maintenance not only extends the lifespan of your car but also significantly enhances safety, fuel efficiency, and overall performance. This also helps reduce the need for costly repairs and replacements in the future.
With all the benefits of regular scheduled maintenance, we have some tips on how to easily keep up. Let’s take a deep dive into some important aspects of preventative maintenance that contribute to the overall well-being of your vehicle.
At the heart of an effective preventative care strategy lies scheduled maintenance. This involves adhering to a meticulous routine that includes specific checks, replacements, and adjustments at predetermined intervals. While this may seem like a hassle, sticking to a good maintenance routine will help extend the life of your vehicle and keep you safe on the road for years. Key components of scheduled maintenance include:
What we do:
- Routine maintenance
- Replace wires, plugs, belts, hoses, filters and wiper blades
- Fuel system service
- Transmission system service
- Differential fluid service
- Coolant system service
- Diesel fuel system service
- Brake fluid service
- Power steering system service
- All-season heater & air conditioning odor eliminator service
- Spring/Winter checkups
- Oil Changes: Regular oil changes are the lifeblood of engine health, preventing friction and wear that could compromise performance.
- Tune-Ups: Consistent tune-ups improve engine performance by adjusting and replacing important parts like spark plugs and filters. Learn more below.
- Battery Health Checks: Regular inspections help ensure the battery is in prime condition, preventing unexpected breakdowns. Learn more below.
Tune-ups improve your vehicle’s performance by adjusting different parts, making it run better and preventing future problems.
- Spark Plug Replacement: Ensuring efficient combustion, improving fuel efficiency, and contributing to overall engine health.
- Air and Fuel Filter Replacement: This step helps to enhance air intake and fuel flow, ultimately optimizing engine performance.
- Ignition System Check: A fundamental step to guarantee the proper functioning of the ignition system, ensuring smooth starts.
Regularly check your car battery to prevent breakdowns and make it last longer. Without a properly working battery, the rest of your preventative maintenance steps will not matter. Best practices include:
- Cleaning Battery Terminals: Removing corrosion to maintain a strong connection and ensure optimal electrical flow.
- Checking Fluid Levels: Ensuring adequate electrolyte levels for optimal battery performance.
Car Maintenance Tips
Along with staying on top of scheduled maintenance and tune-ups, it is important to incorporate extra maintenance into your routine. This can have a huge impact on improving the reliability of your vehicle for years to come. Practical suggestions include:
- Routine Auto Maintenance: Regularly inspecting and rotating tires to ensure even wear, along with checking and replacing brake pads as needed for safe stopping.
- Oil Change Schedule: Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for oil change intervals based on mileage and driving conditions, which prevents future issues and preserves your vehicle in great condition for years.
- Maintenance Inspections: Periodic, comprehensive inspections by a qualified technician to identify potential issues early on, thereby avoiding costly fixes in the future.
What can I expect in terms of preventative maintenance prices?
Preventative maintenance inspections are free at any Best-One location. Every appointment is tailored to meet your vehicle’s specific needs and service history. Our service technicians will complete a vehicle inspection and recommend services based on vehicle condition, mileage, and any manufacturer recommendations.
Here at Best-One, we know how important it is to stay on top of your vehicle’s health and avoid costly repairs and replacements in the future.
How long does a preventative maintenance appointment take?
The duration of a preventative maintenance appointment varies based on the services performed. Routine checks may take an hour, while more comprehensive services might take longer. Consulting with your service provider for a detailed estimate based on your vehicle’s needs is essential. Please schedule an appointment ahead of time so our team can provide you with the best service.
When do I need preventative maintenance?
At Best-One we recommend you schedule a preventative maintenance appointment every 15,000 to 30,000 miles. Beyond that, environmental factors and your driving habits play a role. We also recommend regular checks and tune-ups seasonally to ensure optimal performance.
It may be time to consider preventive maintenance if:
- You plan to use your vehicle beyond the factory warranty
- Your vehicle stalls occasionally or frequently
- It becomes harder to start the car
- You hear knocking noises while driving
- Your vehicle accelerates or idles roughly
- Your gas mileage worsens
- You haven’t had fluid flushes in the last 15,000-30,000 miles or 2 years
Which fluids should I regularly check and top up in my vehicle?
Essential fluids to monitor include engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and coolant. Regularly checking and topping up these fluids contributes significantly to keeping your vehicle running smoothly and prolonging its lifespan.
Is it necessary to follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule?
Yes, following the manufacturer’s schedule is not only crucial for optimal performance but also for warranty compliance. Following the manufacturer’s schedule or any recommendations from your service advisor is extremely important If you want to make sure your car, truck, or SUV operates at its best.
Adhering to the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule is crucial for various reasons:
- Optimal Performance: Following the prescribed schedule ensures that your vehicle operates at its peak performance, delivering the power and efficiency it was designed for.
- Warranty Compliance: Manufacturers often tie warranty coverage to your adherence to their maintenance schedule. Failing to follow it might void certain warranty benefits.
- Longevity: Regular maintenance, as per the manufacturer’s recommendations, significantly contributes to the longevity of your vehicle. It minimizes wear and tear, addressing potential issues before they become major problems.
Schedule Preventative Maintenance Near You
Preventative maintenance is not just a key; it’s the master key to unlocking the full potential of your vehicle. By including best practices into your routine and staying proactive, you can continue a smooth, safe, and cost-effective driving experience for many years.
Let us help you stay on top of this recommended routine maintenance. Here at Best-One, we want every customer to feel confident in their vehicle’s performance and longevity. Your vehicle deserves it, and so do you.
When you choose Best-One for preventive maintenance near you, we’ll do our very best to deliver the service you need, at a competitive price, from people who treat you like family.